We focus on products and services in technology, software, and electronic commerce. Much of our work is transatlantic in scope.
Our track record speaks for itself:
- As a consequence of our involvement, SoftBridge clients have attained average revenue growth of four times their initial levels.
- SoftBridge initiated or assisted over forty financings, totaling more than $300m.
- Fifteen client companies have been successfully merged into larger businesses, three have gone public, and only five have under performed. The remainder are prosperous, growing, privately held organizations.
Most of our work focuses on two objectives:
- Putting new products or services on their initial growth curve, and
- Maximizing market share as rapidly moving niches accelerate.
We also help companies with other challenges linked to growth: raising investment, hiring and integrating upper management, creating exit strategies, and mergers and acquisitions.
Across these activities, our core expertise is guiding companies through successive phases:
Start-Up: Where a handful of key players are launching new products. They're building credibility by establishing strong reference accounts, and landing key alliance partners.
Early Growth: Where a founder has ten to twenty employees, and it's time to accelerate revenue. High impact marketing and rigorous execution in sales are essential. Alliances with substance are typically essential. At this stage, professional management becomes increasingly critical across marketing, sales, engineering, and finance. Capital formation is often a priority, and international markets may need early attention
Middle Growth: Where climbing across the $5-30m level requires a well-oiled sales and marketing machine. Launching new products, building alliances, multiple distribution channels, tackling new markets, and opening global markets are required. Acquiring technologies, or entire companies, is often desirable. New, more sophisticated department game plans and leadership are necessary.
Advanced Growth: Where screening, negotiating, and integrating acquired technologies or businesses become essential. Overhauling the management team is often required, and exit or liquidity strategies are often a priority. Spawning new business units, and creating alliances at the highest level are indispensable. Global business is a constant theme.
In each of these phases, we work with clients, first, to identify priority action areas for success. Second, to establish clear action programs. And third, to drive those programs to fruition.